Essential Navigation Skills – £40 per person
New to hillwalking? Regular walker but keeps to waymarked routes or ? Never learned to use a compass? Need to brush up on map skills learnt a while ago?
This course will help you learn essential navigation skills whilst enjoying a walk in the Yorkshire Dales.
The course will begin with an indoor introductory session then continue outside on easy terrain to learn and use navigation skills. You will;
- Learn about using maps and what they can tell you including contours and grid references
- Planning a route using a map
- Estimating times and distances
- What to take with you
- Relating the map to what you can see
- Using natural features to help navigate
- Using a compass to orientate the map, take bearings and follow a course
- Access rights and responsibilities
Hill and Moorland – £50 per person